Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My First Blog Post!

Hey there! I'm so glad to be posting on this fantastic blog!

Well, I have to explain to you what I'm doing, don't I?

My name is Marie (well, not really, but that's what I want you to think), and as you can tell by my screen name and profile pic, I love reading. :) I also love to write, take pictures, play computer/video games, and put together adorable outfits.
I'm going to use this blog to talk in detail about the things that I'm reading, the things that I'm writing, and occasional other things, but mostly reading and writing.

I have recently fallen in love with the singer Birdy. But that's besides the point.

I read all kinds of things- I particularly love crime novels, manga, and anything old-school. I'm going to list some of my favorite books as of right now, so you understand how broad my literary horizons are.

1. Drood by Dan Simmons
2. The Faerie Queen, part 1, by Edmund Spenser
3. Macbeth by William Shakespeare
4. The House of the Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne
5. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
6. Curtain by Agatha Christie
7. anything by Edgar Allan Poe.
8. The Bible <3

I am going to get a Twitter really soon ( in a couple of days), and will feature a link to this blog in my profile. I'm halfway through The Hunger Games right now (yes, I have fallen prey to the craze), and will have a review up by the end of this week. I have an idea of what I'm going to say, and it will be pretty witty. I'm also most of the way through The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins, and my thoughts on it will follow soon after.

Much love to anyone who reads this!! ~~~~Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment