Saturday, August 25, 2012

On Slacker-dom and the Things I Will Soon be Reading

Hello, readers! It's me, Marie, here once more, writing a blog post when I really ought to be doing other things. I won't make any promises, because I tend to be a mildly irresponsible person, but I hope to post at least once a week. Most likely, it will be on the weekends, but I like to shake things up, so, I may still post on the weekdays once in a while. I like to keep things interesting.
I feel very ashamed to say this, but I'm not actually reading anything right now (and I call myself Marie the Reader?), but I will soon be correcting this situation. I'm going to pick up the first book in a young adult fantasy series called The Gateway Chronicles, The author of these books is a woman named K. B. Hoyle, and in fact, it was she who approached me about participating in the Work-In-Progress blog hop. I just so happen to have rare, autographed first edition copies of her first two books lying around somewhere in my house...
I also, despite having enjoyed the Hunger Games, have not even touched Catching Fire. Call me a disloyal fan if you will! I may not read it in the immediate future, but I'm sure I'll have it read by the time the movie comes out. As a rule, I don't prefer to watch any kind of novel-based film without having first read the book. Of course, there are always a few exceptions, like Fried Green Tomatoes. However, I try to keep to that rule, which means that I have to read Les Miserables by Christmas. (In case you didn't know, there will be an amazing movie adaptation of Les Mis, based off of the musical, in which the actors are singing directly to the camera, rather than pre-recording and lip-synching, and includes Hugh Jackman, Russell Crowe, Anne Hathaway, and many other talented actors. Squee!) I also need to read Great Expectations, since there is an upcoming film adaptation featuring my all-time favorite actress, Helena Bonham Carter, as Miss Havisham. (She's also Madame Thenardier in Les Mis. Yay!)

If you want more information about either of the movies above, go to moviepilot.com. They have a large chunk of their website dedicated to upcoming movies-to-film, and they're quite reliable.
Also, please show some love to Ms. Hoyle, the author of The Gateway Chronicles. Her blog is at nightnark.blogspot.com, and she updates regularly.
Also find her on Twitter and Facebook:
@kbhoyle_author
http://www.facebook.com/pages/K-B-Hoyle/155377154576880

Until next time! Love, Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment